Cordova High School’s “The Curious Savage”

Back to Article
Back to Article

Olivia Gilles, Reporter

Cordova High School’s edition of “The Curious Savage” by John Patrick was presented and directed by Cordova’s Drama department teacher, Mr. Cornfield. Production was in collaboration by a special arrangement with the Dramatist Play Service Inc. Showtimes went from Thursday, October 18th to Saturday October 20th, all starting at 7:00 PM. I attended the Saturday final show to see what the buzz was all about.

The play is about an old woman sent off to an institution where her housemates eagerly await her arrival because she’s a mysterious widowed millionaire. Tensions rise between her three step-children because they want her money, but she secretly hid it all away.

Personally, I had so fun much with this show, and have always loved Cordova High’s presentation of arts. There was mystery, comedy, and even sass in this heartfelt play. The ending was very sweet- but no spoilers! My favorite characters were Lily Belle, Mrs. Savage, Hannibal, and Mrs. Paddy; but most importantly, all of the actors and actresses did such a wonderful job and were full of energy that I can’t wait to see their next production.

In Mr. Cornfield’s Director’s Note, he would like to thank all those who gave donations and spent time to make the play possible, like the Folsom Cordova Unified School District Print Shop, Cordova High’s custodial staff, the Rancho Cordova Public Library, and many more.

To learn more about Cordova High’s Drama Department, their casts and productions, visit:

https://www.onthestage.com/show/cordova-high-school/little-shop-of-horrors-7105