Annette Aho, 2010

Back to Article
Back to Article

Annette Aho, 2010

Antoinette Aho, Editor-in-Chief

Alumni updates bring graduates back to life at Cordova, the interviews cover what they did post-high school, and where they are now.

Annette was a 2010 graduate, after high school, she crossed the country to leave California for Pennsylvania. She attended Waynesburg University for four years and received her B.S. in Exercise Physiology in 2015. Annette currently works in Pittsburgh and is earning her master’s degree in healthcare informatics, from Chatham University.

I talked to Annette about her high school experience, as well as her college endeavors and her life as of right now, here’s what she had to say:

Antoinette Aho: What inspired you when you decided to go to Waynesburg University?

Annette Aho: I was captivated with the idea of traveling somewhere on the East Coast and I knew that college was a prime time to explore and get out of my comfort zone. I was inspired to go to Waynesburg University because it is a small school nestled in the hills of a quaint Pennsylvania town but still in close proximity to cities like New York and Boston – exactly what I was looking for!

Antoinette: What was the best part of your years there?

Annette: The best part of my experience at Waynesburg was the connections that I made with lifelong friends and, professors. Also, the opportunity to compete in collegiate Cross Country and Track and, travel to run was incredible! My teammates are still some of my best friends!

Antoinette: Right now, where do you work and what do you do?

Annette: Currently, I am a data analyst for Highmark Health. I manage a portfolio of technology projects for one of our clients and work to make sure that their data is protected and put to good use!

Antoinette: Let’s go back a bit, do you remember your time at Cordova well? What is your favourite memory from your time there?

Annette: I spent my last two years of High School at Cordova – my favorite memories consist of my time with the cross country and track team – especially the Frogtown Invitational! Also, all the great student-activities that were put on, like rallies and food fairs. High school goes by really fast – enjoy it!

Antoinette: Thanks for answering these questions, Annette!

Annette: Thanks for having me!

If you want to have a graduate featured on our Alumni Updates, let us know here.